Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” (Long Stay) may be granted to applicants aged 50 and above who wish to stay in Thailand up to 10 years after their retirement. Applicants for this type of visa must be nationals of the following countries: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America.
The applicants who wish to apply for the visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Brasilia must have proof of permanent residence in Brazil
The visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue (extendable for another 5 years at the Immigration Bureau).
1. Biodata page of valid Passport or Travel Document (with validity not less than 6 months)
2. Three recent (4 x 6 cm.) photographs of the applicant, taken within the past six months
4. Bank statement in Thailand with the minimum balance of 3,000,000 Thai Baht or 1,800,000 Thai Baht with the annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht. *** The money must remain in the account for at least 1 year after entering Thailand. After the period of 1 year, the minimum of 1,500,000 Thai Baht is required to remain in the account.
5. Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality(In case that the applicants have permanent residence in other country, the aforementioned document from both country of nationality and country of permanent residence is required)
6. A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibited diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months)
7. Evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)
8. Yellow Fever Certificate
9. Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
Dependents of Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” Applicant
Dependents of the applicants are entitled to apply for the same type of visa as long as they meet the following requirements;
1. Valid Marriage Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities
2. Required documents as listed above
1. Valid Birth Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities
2. Must be under 20 years old
3. Required documents as listed above (No.1-3 and 7 only)
Note: Successful applicants and dependents are not allowed to work in Thailand.