1. REQUIREMENT - This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- to perform official duties (ordinary passports) (Category "F")
- to conduct business / to work (Category "B")
- to invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion (Category "IB")
- to study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects or seminars, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a foreign Buddhist monk (Category "ED")
- to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter (Category "M")
- to perform missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned (Category "R")
- to conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute (Category "RS")
- to retire in Thailand for those who are 50 years of age and above (Category “O-A”) (Long stay 1 year / Multiple Entry
- to retire in Thailand for those who are 50 years of age and above (Category “O-X”) (Long stay 10 years)
- other activities (Category "O") as follows
- to stay with the family, to perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.
2.VISA APPLICATION FORM – Click here to download Two application forms must be completely filled out and signed where indicated. Failure to submit the correct application form or submission of an incomplete application form will result in your application not being processed.
3.VISA APPLICATION FEE
3.1 Single Entry – R$ 250
3.2 Multiple Entry – R$ 600
4. PROCESSING TIME– Please allow 3 working days for visa application to be processed. No exception will be made so it is the responsibility of the applicants to plan ahead.
5. METHODS OF APPLICATION
5.1 Apply directly at the Royal Thai Embassy in Brasilia from Monday to Friday from 9 am -12 pm. (except on public holidays)
5.2 By post
5.2.1 Application from Brazil – Applicants may apply through post by preparing required documents and fees and send to the Embassy along with a fee for the Embassy to return the processed visa back to the applicant via Sedex. The Embassy assumes no responsibility for the content / check put inside the envelope.
5.2.2 Application from Guyana and Suriname – Applicants may apply through express / international couriers. Please attach a check for the fees as well as a pre-paid return envelope. Please allow at least 2 weeks for the whole process. The Embassy assumes no responsibility for the content / check put inside the envelope.
6. VALIDITY OF A VISA- Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are valid for three months. Multiple-entry visas could also be valid for one yeardepending on the type of visa.
7. PERIOD OF STAY - The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
8. EXTENSION OF STAY - Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
9.1 Please note that the Consul reserves the right to request any additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
9.2The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to reject any visa application with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.
9.3The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form.
9.4Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed with the seal of the company.
9.5 In the absence of a required document, a letter explaining the unavailability of such document must be provided.
9.6 The applicant must sign on each page of the copy.
9.7Documents in foreign languages must be translated into Thai. If translated into English, it should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/ consular mission.